Search This Blog

Monday, September 20, 2021

AN UNEXPECTED TREAT/HONOR

 An unexpected treat:

When I got home from dialysis, I found a mysterious package at my door. Upon opening it I found this coffee table book that collects every issue of COMIC BOOK ARTIST BULLPEN and includes an all-star tribute to the late, great Jack Abel (whom I worked with at Marvel and whom I watched die on the Bullpen's floor). Among those tributes is a page drawn by yours truly (with a rather unsteady brush pen), and I was unexpectedly honored by it being placed opposite a page drawn by MAD legend Sergio Aragones. 

 

My drunken art next to a piece by one of the all-time masters. Never in a million years would I have imagined such a happenstance. I am delighted, and I consider this a highlight of my life and career.

No comments: