Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 25, 2022

DIDN'T SEE THAT COMING

Today's dialysis got off to a late start, thereby guaranteeing my session would not end until late. That sucks for a number of reasons, but the later the ride home begins, the greater the likelihood of being hampered by schools letting out and my car being stuck behind school buses. My session ended at 2pm, so I went down and got into my car, only to be told I was yet again stuck with a double-pickup. I sat in the car for a half hour before calling the dispatcher to complain, and was told that the guy was on his way down. He was a 20-something African guy who was clearly absorbed in whatever he was watching on his phone. He finally got into the back with me and the car took off, and the guy remained riveted by whatever the hell he was watching. I was admittedly in a bit of a mood, but I was curious to know what was so engrossing. I sneaked a side-eye and noted it was anime. It looked familiar, and then I recognized what held his attention so firmly. 


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

All was immediately forgiven

No comments: