Search This Blog

Thursday, August 15, 2024

FOUR YEARS

 Today marks the fourth anniversary of my ongoing dialysis journey kicking off with a visit to the ER for difficulty breathing. While there, my nephrologist's predictions came true and I had to begin emergency dialysis via a catheter installed in my carotid artery. I had to have dialysis performed via the catheter until the fistula in my left forearm matured enough for the regular treatment via needles in my arm, and let me assure you that having one of these goddamned things sticking out of my neck for a few months was quite uncomfortable, but I eventually got used to it. And once I graduated to the fistula, the worst was yet to come...

Hours after the emergency surgery that installed a catheter into my carotid artery.


No comments: