Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

IT'S TIME FOR...FUNEMPLOYMENT!!!

Hey, dear Vaulties-

I, along with roughly half of the staff at the design 'ho house, got laid off yesterday and none of us (to the best of my knowledge) is receiving even two cents worth of severance. I saw the layoff coming so I'm relived that the suspense is finally over, but I am rather irked at the reality of no severance pay. But, fuck it. Might cry a tear in a bucket! It's time to regroup, center, and launch once more into the breach that is the NYC job market, a famously iffy and savage arena where grown men and women have been known to battle one another over an entry-level position at Weiner On A Stick. Nonetheless, I'll actively look for work and file for unemployment benefits, but for the time being it looks like it's going to be another round of "funemployment."

4 comments:

Raymond Conlon said...

So sorry to hear that, Steve.

Hope everything turns out fine. Good luck!

Deacon Blue said...

Well, until you can figure out how to quietly maim or kill the assistant manager at Weiner on a Stick to get your fill-in gig, at least you'll have more time for blogging.

In all seriousness, though, good luck. And my prayers, for whatever you think they are (or aren't) worth. Been down the unemployment path...been underemployed for a while (then again, I'm a freelancer, so big surprise there, eh?)...so I feel ya.

kenchan13 said...

Sorry to hear that . Keep your head up and good luck!

Draw Like Crazy said...

Hey Steve,

I heard about all the mada crazyness. Hope you are doing pretty well.

drop me a note sometime!