Search This Blog

Monday, May 12, 2008

YET ANOTHER MAIL SCAM ATTEMPT

I just logged onto my email account this morning and found the following letter. I don't know about you, but I've received several variations on the basic template for the past few weeks, receiving on average about three per week. Anyway, read this letter, entitled "Dear Beloved, Please Help Me," and rest assured that if you get it it's a scam:

I am Mrs. Sarah Grant, the wife of Mr.Robert Grant, my husband worked with the Chevron/Texaco in Russia before he died in the year 2003. When he was alive he deposited the sum of 7.5 Million Pounds with a Bank. Presently, I'm suffering from esophageal cancer, Please Stand-in as the beneficiary and collect the Funds from the Bank to finance Charity Organisations. If interested, please reply.

No comments: