Search This Blog

Sunday, November 16, 2008

OH, FOR FUCK'S SAKE: MONOPOLY...THE MOVIE

Coming soon to a theater near you!

Just when I thought that Hollywood could never outdo itself in its day-to-day proving that it's completely and totally out of ideas, a feature film based on the venerable board game MONOPOLY is in the works and none other than Ridley Scott, the visionary behind ALIEN and BLADE RUNNER, is reportedly attached as producer and possibly director. The future predicted in Mike Judge's ever-more-prophetic IDIOCRACY is looming that much nearer, so it's only a matter of time until ASS actually makes its way to the big screen.

More on the fucking ridiculous MONOPOLY flick can be found at
http://io9.com/5084881/ridley-scotts-futuristic-monopoly-movie-should-not-pass-go (I would have placed it as a clickable link, but I'm having some technical issues.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The studio exec who came up with this lunacy should Go to Jail, Go directly to Jail.

eggs mayonnaise said...

"Helloooo Mrs. Nyborg, this is Sheldon Levine with Rio Rancho, and I'm calling to let you know that an excellent opportunity has opened up with our Baltic Avenue property...you want to know about Park Place? Well, I'm catching a flight this evening, but I can stop by on my way to the airport...terrific! See you then!"

Done.