Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 03, 2010

PROMISES, PROMISES

Yer Bunche, taking a rare break at the Quarter pub last Friday night.

Dear Vaulties-

I'm as sick as you are of me periodically having to state my intent to post more stuff with some semblance of regularity, but my ongoing job search, stress-related insomnia and a budding romance have taken up much of my time and focus (frankly, I wish that last one were taking up more of my time). You have not been forgotten, and don't forget that writing my drivel actually helps to keep me centered, so I'm missing it along with you. I promise to get back on the stick, and upcoming posts will include:
  • Reviews of THE KARATE KID (2010 version), A TOWN CALLED PANIC, UNDER THE RED HOOD, IP MAN 2, TRUE LEGEND, OSS 117: LOST IN RIO, ASTERIX AND THE VIKINGS, GOLGO 13 VOL. 1., FIST OF THE NORTH STAR TV SERIES VOL. 1 (Episodes 1-36) and WEREWOLF IN A WOMEN'S PRISON
  • A recounting of the upcoming Lincoln Center screening of LISZTOMANIA, with director/madman Ken Russell in attendance (I'm angling to meet him and get a photo with him, so wish me luck)
  • Another recent comics roundup
  • Whatever else comes to mind
Soon, o faithful readers, soon...

3 comments:

brainsheavy said...

Steve,

Enjoy your blog, understand your predicament. I'm a writer who's in the same leaky boat. With over 20 years of experience writing advertising, screenplays and comics, I've been out of work for over a year, sitting on the sidelines, watching agencies cut back, hire writers with no experience because they can get 'em cheap and watch the quality of everything - ads,TV, movies - go straight down the crapper.

Hang in.

Go to a doctor and tell him/her about your insomnia. I'm taking a low dose of something called zopiclone. It's more for keeping you asleep than putting you out, but there are no side effects of drowsiness the next morning etc. Man, the lack of sleep will just up your tension levels so fast.

I believe you said you had a couple of book projects of your own you wanted to work on. Hard as it is to focus, it's the only answer. That's what keeps me going right now.

Rob

Glenn Greenberg said...

Hang in there, Bunche! Update whenever you can--I'll just keep checking every day, same as always.

And best of luck with the romance!!!!!!

Hey Rob--would I know your stuff?

Jim Browski said...

We missed you. Look forward to your next post.