Search This Blog

Saturday, February 12, 2011

A WEE BIT OF ANCIENT HISTORY

One of the unexpected benefits of the whole Facebook experience is having longtime friends suddenly grace me with photos of myself from what now seems like ages ago. Case in point: this shot, sent in by my old pal Stinky Weasel.

Judging by several pieces of evidence, I would place this shot somewhere around my sophomore year in college (fall 1984-spring 1985) or maybe early in the year after that, meaning I was nineteen or barely twenty. Christ...I had the fashion sense of an ambulatory thrift store and I looked like the result of a peyote and tequila-fueled tryst between a Sasquatch and some burned-out waitress from CBGB's. I never thought I'd say it, but I look waaaaay better nowadays.

2 comments:

Jim Browski said...

I remember that hat. You wore it in our "music video". What was the name of our air band?

Bunche (pop culture ronin) said...

The band was named "Dr. Incredible's Shrinking Electric Flesh-Eating Maggots, with special guests Charles Manson and Family." The last known extant copy of that video vanished into the ether sometime around 1990, lost by a former college friend who was a 24/7 stoner.