Search This Blog

Thursday, July 03, 2008

GOIN' UP THE COUNTRY

It's a three-day weekend and I'm heading upstate to New Paltz tomorrow to see my friends who fucked off out of Brooklyn to that more civilized town, and if I can I hope to squeeze in a trip to the area's excellent Rhino Records outlet, a place every bit as dangerous to a record-collector's wallet as Manhattan's Rockit Scientist Records. That said, I don't know when next I'll be posting so I urge you loyal readers to turn of your computers, get out of the house, and revel in the start of the major summer cookouts, hot weather drunkenness, scantily-clad beach frolics (I would pay good money to see Karate Hottie in a forest green two-piece), and all manner of seasonal diversions. Have fun, stay safe, and don't drive drunk! The world's a much better place with you in it.

And to my extended family up in New Paltz: get ready, 'cause Uncle Bunche is finally able to visit, and that means all kinds of potential shenanigans are imminent. Lock up your pets and farm animals, and get ready for your under-sixes to learn the lyrics to "Jesus Entering From the Rear!" And, yes, there will be my famous sixteen-hour pulled pork! (No, that's not a euphemism for my typical weekend with my copy of EIGHTEEN & NASTY VOL. 10)

1 comment:

Will said...

Have fun

I was just there myself this past weekend