Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

MOST INEVITABLE COLLECTOR'S FIGURE EVER?

My buddy Mark is on top of all developments in the collector's toy market and he alerted me to this, what may be perhaps the most inevitable collector's figure of all time.

Yes, it's the Michael Jackson THRILLER M-Icon figure from Hot Toys, and while the timing of its release may seem like a ghoulish cash-in, the level of detail and quality evident leads me to think this has been in the works for quite a while.

The figure comes with a regular head and a zombie version, plus several sets of interchangeable hands and the iconic red outfit that would not have looked out of place on the equally late Klaus Nomi.

Usually items like this are issued in limited runs, but considering the demand for all things Michael I'll be curious to see if this gets produced indefinitely. I'm also curious to see how well it seels with a retail price of $258.90...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I respect the man for the contributions he made to music but seriously... do we need this? I know there are some ridiculous figures out there like Bon Jovi and such too; I find all of them so unnecessary!

*Note: exceptions are made for Seth Green*

Bobby "the Blue" said...

Extraordinary likeness, but over $250? That's crazy!

Jim Browski said...

$258.90 ??

Couldnt they just make it an even $260 ? At that price, what the hell difference would another $1.10 make!

I hate that...