Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 16, 2008


I'm late to the party that is Showtime's DEXTER series but as of last night I've seen the first two seasons and rather enjoyed them, but before I get around to doing a review of the series in general I simply have to say that the element that really kept me glued to the screen during season two was the character Lila Tournay. A raven-haired British installation artist whom the series' serial-killer/forensics expert protagonist meets during a series of Narcotics Anonymous meetings, Lila's seductive charms set off every alarm bell in my well-honed (but more often than not ignored) crazy/dangerous woman radar sense, and the shit she gets up to... Jeeeeeee-zuss!!!

Jaime Murray as artist/arsonist/total fucking headcase Lila Tournay: hot, British and horrifying.

I know from crazy chicks — once memorably dating a girl whose propensity for wanting to extinguish lit cigarettes on my Johnson clued me in to the fact that she might not be totally right in the head — so Lila's antics touched me in a very real and frightening place and Jaime Murray's performance in the part will stick in my head for some time to come. I won't reveal anything else and I'll leave you with a strong recommendation for the show, but especially for season two and the highly unstable terror brought to the table by Lila. Dexter may be a master of the art of stealthy serial murder, but I'd trust him a hundred times over before getting within twenty yards of Lila, and you can take that shit to the bank, Jack!

(Ironically, as I write this I'm listening to the Damned's recent tune "Little Miss Disaster," and while I have Lila on the mind it takes on a whole new meaning!)


Lubbert Das said...

Yeah she has real presence. I first noticed her in a movie called - The Deaths of Ian Stone.

Not a great movie -but she just exudes a scary bitch factor of 10-


"Extinguish lit cigareets on ye'r Johnson, y'say? No, I wouldn't blame thee for not wanton to date a girl who smooked.

Deacon Blue said...

Personally, I draw the line at light matches with my johnson.

Thankfully, though, the closest I came to dating a "crazy chick" was when a manic-depressive gal (mostly depressive) in college took a shine to me. I don't think she fancied the use of hot objects, sharp implements or any other scary stuff.

Hope that most of your dating life has been more...sedate.