Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

ASS WEDNESDAY

As I see so many of my co-workers adorned with an ash cross on their foreheads today, I wonder if Catholicism had instead instituted "Turd Wednesday" and required the smearing of shit on their heads, would they do so? And just once I'd like to see some wiseass go up to get his facial ash and instead demand full-on blackface instead of a tiny cross smear. Then I'd love to see the Jolson-looking dude burst out onto the street and scream the most Amos 'n' Andy-style "HALLELUJAH!!!" possible.

"HALLELUJAH!!!"
But that's just me being a heathen.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Right on! I live in a community with about a 70 percent Catholic population. Ash Wednesday is only the tip of the iceberg. I have to endure on every damn Friday, "hey you can't eat that, it's Friday." Then I have to explain my religious convictions to eat my ham sandwich. I even had a co-worker at one point tell me that I should "observe" and not eat meat too. Needless to say my response was a huge bite.

Anonymous said...

Being a former Catholic, I make it a point to eat meat every day thats it's supposed to be Verboten.

Petty? Maybe....but it gives me a great deal of satisfaction to know that I'm doing the direct opposite of what the Church tells its lemmings....err..that is it's followers, to do.

Satyrblade said...

Given the sterling behavior of the Catholic Church, particularly in recent years (the former Nazi Pope who excommunicates female priests yet forgives serial pedophile ones being at the top of that list), I can't see how anyone takes Catholicism seriously anymore.