Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 03, 2011

BUNCHE CHECKING IN

Hey, Vaulties-

It's been a while since I've posted on a regular basis and that's due to a lack of motivation attributable to stuff I've been over previously. I'm still unemployed, facing periodic bouts of insomnia and depression, I'm lonely, and I'm just plain mentally and emotionally exhausted. I'm trying to get my shit back together but it has not been an easy process, and it does not help that with each passing week I see more and more people that I know losing their jobs. What I would not give to have the cash to just fuck off out of Brooklyn for a couple of weeks to somewhere like Martinique, but that ain't in the cards. Bitch, bitch, bitch, moan, moan, moan.

There. The whingeing part is over.

On the positive side, I have a birthday coming up, my eldest niece (she's thirteen) is having a kickass graduation party that will allow me to cook like a maniac, the summer has several superhero movies coming up, I'll be hitting the Philadelphia Con and meeting Pam Grier, and I plan on joining the gym around the corner soon, so there's all of that to look forward to.

I also have a number of pieces for this blog in various stages of development, some of which I've sat on for months because of the aforementioned malaise, but there will be some stuff coming up soon. Definitely a review of THOR at some point over the upcoming weekend.

So again I thank you for your continued support, interest and patience.

2 comments:

Hellbilly said...

Looking forward to your Thor review, after I see it this weekend as well. I hope the Philly Con is a blast.

Chris T said...

Hey man, stay strong. I went through the same long-term unemployment/under-employment bull-shit a couple of years ago. It's fucked up. No one understands what it's like unless you've actually been through it.

I've been working again for a year now but I'm still dealing with the after-effects...

Don't forget it's not your fault: it's this fucked up world. Anger > Depression.

I dig your blog by the way. I've been reading it off and on for ages.