Search This Blog

Friday, August 31, 2007

LABOR DAY WEEKEND WEIRDNESS

The three-day weekend approaches and I've weighed my entertainment otions, coming up with the following gameplan:

1. I'm gonna run around with Suzie as much as possible, getting into trouble in the local watering holes and generally being a civic menace and perpetual pest.

2. On Sunday night there's a show in Manhattan that sounds ridiculous enough to merit my attendance; it features Beatallica, the Beatles/Metallica fusion group out touring for their first official album release, "Sgt. Hetfield's Motorbreath Pub Band,"


Queen Diamond, an all-girl tribute to King Diamond (and hopefully Mercyful Fate as well),


and Tragedy, the heavy metal Bee Gees cover band.


I've seldom heard of a show so utterly stoopid, and therefore right up my alley! And don't worry, I'll take photos. I mean, "Queen Diamond?" How could I not?

So that's my plan. I'm gonna have a damned good time, so I hope that all of you out there on the interweb have a great holiday too. Write in with any adventure stories!

No comments: