Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

COMIC BOOK OF THE WEEK!!!

The most offensive comic book ever?

I was just about to head home when my friend Velma emailed me with a link to a comics review that freaked her the fuck out, and if you knew Velma you'd have some inkling into how hard that is to do. I read the review found here, and when I was through laughing my ass off and picked my jaw up from the floor I immediately called my favorite comics shop in the world, Jim Hanley's Universe, and asked them to set a copy aside for me (it's about to join the choice items found in my collection's Hall of Infamy, but that's a tale for another post). Seriously, I always knew Jim (pre-Darwyn Cooke CATWOMAN) Balent was a no-talent ass-clown, but this is beyond the pale. What truly amazes me is that TAROT: WITCH OF THE BLACK ROSE #53 actually manages to outdo GERONIMO AND HIS APACHE MURDERERS for sheer conceptual offensiveness. Read the review for yourself to see what I mean.

4 comments:

Ken Pierce Media said...

Holy Mother of Mackeral Batman!!! Vault Readers MUST click that review link and then the bevy of comments after it make this a read that merits a towel to dry your eyes from laughing so hard.....and to think, an Editor approved that stuff....

Anonymous said...

I cannot wait to forward this to every chick creator I've ever worked with.

As to Balent, I can never forget learning, I think during or shortly after his CATWOMAN run, exactly how much everyone in Production loathed working on his pages. They'd done their time at Kubert etc, they were accomplished artists who'd worked hard, and still they had to deal with this ass clown.

-Someone You Know at DC Comics

Kevie Metal said...

I kind of can't help but admire any artist who's willing to go to whatever odd place his sexual psyche leads him. I mean, it's Jim Balent. Were we expecting the next War and Peace out of him?

Satyrblade said...

>and to think, an Editor approved that stuff....

Nope. Balent is the publisher and head of Broadsword Comics. No approval process involved.