Search This Blog

Thursday, January 01, 2009

HAPPY NEW YEAR, 2009

Well, here we are, awake on the first day of the new year. I don't know about you, but I stayed in from the festivities last night and took it easy, making the stock base for what will become a pot of chicken & dumplings and watching the remainder of SOUTH PARK season seven (mostly just okay) and a gorgeous widescreen DVD of the best of the very few British giant monster films, 1961's awesome GORGO. The neighborhood histrionics in my humble Brooklyn nabe didn't get as rowdy as expected, probably 'cuz it's cold as a witch's tit in a brass bra, so I was able to get to sleep by 1AM.

I've got no plans for today and I love it, but I do intend to call Suzi Green-Eyes and see if she's up for hanging out. Four days away from work without being homne sick is just what I need, so I'm outta here for now. Happy New Year, dear Vault-reader. May 2009 be better for all of us in every way than last year's ever-snowballing parade of illness, layoffs and other negative bullshit.

Bunche out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"dead Vault reader?"