Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

NY COMICON 2009: COUNTING DOWN

Well, it's that time of year again and I'm gearing up for the crowded, sweaty and totally insane throng of geekish humanity that is the New York Comicon at Mahattan's Jacob Javits Center, and I just received word from my pal Declan Shalvey, talented illustrator of works such as FRANKENSTEIN and an upcoming adaptation of SWEENEY TODD, that he'll be hopping over from Ireland to attend.

Yer Bunche with Declan Shalvey at last year's NY Comicon. Lock up your daughters, NYC-area parents!

Many other friends and former colleagues will be arriving from all over the world of comics geekdom and I can't wait to see each and every one of them. It all gets underway on February 6th, two weeks from this coming Friday, and I've already begun to plan my course of action, so expect full-blown coverage akin to last year's from-the-floor photo safari!

No comments: