Search This Blog

Saturday, March 07, 2009

JEWISH WARRIOR PRINCESS ON WATCHMEN

The above photo pretty much sums up her opinion, but my esteemed Jewish Warrior Princess actually called me at work from the UK yesterday to voice her opinion on WATCHMEN. For those who don't know her, JWP has a lifelong history of being a serious geek-girl who really knows her shit, and she has read the graphic novel (albeit twenty-some-odd years ago and she did not re-read it before seeing the film version). A shy, retiring and quite delicate flower, JWP never goes off on opinionated rants, but I had to share the following with you dear Vaulties:

Who am I to review WATCHMEN? One of the moviegoing, hard-earned-money-paying public, that's who, and what did I think of it? I thought it SUCKED.

You read me right. I thought it sucked.

Two thirds of the way through I was debating whether to leave out of pure boredom. I didn't give a rat's hairy ass about any character other then Rorschach. Nite Owl is a big fucking wuss, Silk Spectre ...oh, forget about her (though she did kick some serious butt and I wouldn't mind wearing vinyl like that, but that aside...). I was waiting desperately for Ozymandias to just leap onto his desk and admit that he was the bastard brother of Carson from QUEER EYE FOR THE STRAIGHT GUY. I think the Comedian was a great sick, dark character (played by the dead Dad from SUPERNATURAL) and would have liked to see more about him but alas I was left to sit through a shallow imitation of what could have been something to have lasted the ages but now I can only say that after all is said and done I would rather have watched DAREDEVIL.

Nuff said.

— JWP

Wow. She "would have rather watched DAREDEVIL." I don't even know what to say to that one.

1 comment:

Satyrblade said...

My sentiments were somewhere in between yours and Bunche's. I rate the film 5 for effort, 3 1/2 for results.