Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 31, 2021

AURAL TORTURE ON THE B63 BUS

It's my day off, so I hied myself down to the McDonald's on 9th Street for my day-off treat of a double Filet O' Fish sandwich. Upon finishing my meal, I caught the B63 bus up the Avenue to my stop. My ride was maybe ten minutes long, but it seemed like an eternity, thanks to a toddler screaming "The Alphabet Song" at the top of his lungs. That was bad enough, but he did it in stacatto , Shatnerian bursts, so it sounded like "A, b, c, d...E, F,G !!! (pause) H, i, j,k...L, M, N, O,P!!!" This was repeated over and over, with the volume escalating while the bored mother adjusted her jihjab.

That song is aural torture in the first place, but when trapped on a moving bus and being forced to hear it on endless loop as screamed by a toddler? It's like waterboarding.

 

No comments: