Search This Blog

Thursday, March 10, 2022

IDENTIFYING WITH THE PLIGHT OF PROMETHEUS

 

As the last dialysis day of the week approaches, I once more feel the wind-up of anxiety on the night going into it. 
 
You all know how weary I am of this never-ending medical cycle that I am trapped in, and I fully accept why it is necessary, but every week I just break down mentally and emotionally at the prospect of facing another day of it, and the night before Friday is always the worst. It's the anticipation of it being the last day of treatment until it resumes on Monday, and it's at these times when I wonder if this was how Prometheus felt when that fucking eagle would swoop down every day to once more rip out and devour his regenerating immortal liver. I suppose that's a poor analogy, as Prometheus was an immortal, but I swear that the never-ending nature of my predicament feels like the worst kind of immortality. It's torturous rinse and repeat, ad infinitum.
 
I just want to be over. Please, let me get a kidney that's a match soon.

No comments: