Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 07, 2013

R.I.P., RAY HARRYHAUSEN (1920-2013)

The one and only Ray Harryhausen, animating the eerily transformed Sadi in the fantasy classic THE 7th VOYAGE OF SINBAD (1958).

It is with almost inexpressible sadness that I mark the passing of the one and only Ray Harryhausen, cinema's undisputed master of stop-motion animation and the man who brought the impossible to life for movie audiences worldwide for two generations (and beyond, thanks to the availability of home video). There's so much to say and I'm still processing this inevitable tragedy, so I won't write an elegy for him right now. I need to think on it and craft a remembrance worthy of one of the most significant influences in my life and the lives of millions of others around the globe. Until I write my own piece, please check out the writeup at the New York Times.

No comments: