Search This Blog

Thursday, June 01, 2023

PEPPERLAND

 

One more dialysis session for the week, starting tomorrow morning, and I am counting down the hours until it ends and I can come back home. I'm not feeling sleepy yet and I have to be up at 7:45am, so I have no idea what time I will finally crash or if I will be able to sleep. I'm just too wound up. It's times like this when I wish I were still stupid enough to indulge in a strong edible chased with a fistful of Gabapentin. The resulting effect found me slowly drifting off to the dreamscape, and once I was fully under, my dreams looked like a live-action iteration of Pepperland from YELLOW SUBMARINE. The sleep was deep and it would last for nine hours or more, and when I woke I would still feel like I was existing in another, happier dimension. 

I wouldn't do it now, but I would be lying if I said the temptation to just check out wasn't occasionally there.

No comments: