Search This Blog

Thursday, October 01, 2026

31 DAYS OF HORROR 2026 — Introduction

  

Hey, folks —

As you may know, I am stuck in an endless cycle of dialysis to keep me alive due to late stage kidney failure until the blessed day when my long-awaited kidney transplant finally happens. One of the unfortunate side-effects of the illness and its dialysis stop gap is the post-treatment exhaustion that renders the patient devoid of energy, and after six years of enduring it on a thrice-weekly basis, this year I simply do not have it in me to watch, take notes on, and write about 31 horror items at the rate of one per day for the next 31 days. I just can't do it, so rather than have a year with no entries I am instead, with the exception of opening this year's round with a new essay, I will be mining the depths of over a decade of previously posted essays, with the emphasis being on films that don't get talked about much, that are so-bad-it's-good, obscurities, cult items, classics, and movies that are simply fun to talk about. Yes, it's a cheat, but my physical reality necessitates the move. So I thank you for your patient indulgence. And with that, enjoy some classics from deep in my vault!

-Yer Bunche

No comments: