Search This Blog

Monday, June 05, 2006

R.I.P. ALEX TOTH, 1928-2006



Over the weekend the comics world lost one of its all-time greats when the legendary Alex Toth passed away, at his drawing board no less. I never met the guy, but his impact on all of us fans and comics biz grunts, both current and former, was massive and he will not be forgotten. My love for his work stems first from his work desgning cartoons, and only later did I get into his comic book work; if you've ever seen episodes of SPACE GHOST (the 1960's original), MIGHTY MIGHTOR, SUPER FRIENDS, one particularly memorable episode of JONNY QUEST, YOUNG SAMSON AND GOLIATH, THE GALAXY TRIO, and my much-beloved THE HERCULOIDS, you know this guy's work.

There's too much about him for me to even begin to cover here, so I suggest you check out the entry http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alex_Toth at Wikipedia.

Rest well, old man.

No comments: