Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 17, 2023

WHEN FRIENDS RALLY

(L-R) Chica Caliente, What Jesus Actually Looked Like, Boom Boom (as in a bass's sound), Madras Mama, (NAME REDACTED), Da Hitman.

So when I decided to check myself into Mount Sinai it was a bit after midnight on Monday morning, so I called the dialysis center to alert them of my impending Monday absence, with a request that they call and let the car service know likewise. (Both were closed until 7am.) What I did not know was taht the number I had for the center ditched my message to some random voicemail, so my message went unheard. As I am never late for a treatment, there was much furor when I did not report for Monday's session. Linda called and left me a message, but I did not get it because my phone's ringer was turned off. Linda therefore called my emergency contact number, and he alerted my immediate support group. They left a number of voicemail messages and texts, but, again, my phone was off. My crew rallied and descended on my apartment, only to realize they did not have my keys.
 
Or so they thought.
 
When I finally got the messages, everyone had just arrived at my place, and I quickly called to put their fears to rest. Lisette told me "You REALLY need to get us a set of your keys." I then told her "But I did. I gave them to (NAME REDACTED)." Lisette held the phone away and told that person "Steve said you have a set of his keys..." (NAME REDACTED) responded with "I DO???" Then they posed for a selfie in front of my building.
 
This is my family, and I love them very much for many reasons, but rallying like this went above and beyond. I won't forget it.

No comments: