Search This Blog

Thursday, September 29, 2022

A DAY OFF'S DREAM

"The Dream Police, they live inside of my head/the Dream Police, they come to me in my bed..."

It's a day off between dialysis treatments, so though I awoke early and had some breakfast, I bundled up again afterward managed another two hours of blissful sleep, which when added to the night's slumber, added up to nine hours of rest, recovery, and recharge. Anyway, after breakfast I went back to bed, awakened only by a redundant call to confirm tomorrow's 9am car service pickup. (It was redundant because I called them before I made breakfast, just to get it out of the way.) 
 
During my post-brekkie nap, I dreamed it was Black Friday, which I always avoid like the plague, and I was out on the street, staying away from shopping malls and such while they were thronged with crazed consumerist zombies. But when my avoidance of the crowds maddened by lust for deals was noticed, a group of enforcers on motorcycles menaced me and herded me toward a nearby mall whose crowds at the entrance looked like a reversal of the exodus scene from THE TEN COMMANDMENTS. And the riders all looked like the undead satanist biker gang from the movie PSYCHOMANIA (1973).

No comments: