Search This Blog

Friday, September 02, 2022

MTA BLOWHARD OF THE WEEK

While on the B63 bus, my attention was caught by a fat goombah stereotype rocking a "RAISED NY" t-shirt and who was probably pushing seventy. When he entered the bus, he seemed to be directly addressing the driver, who, for his part of the equation, did not respond to the Italian-horn-wearer's gabbing. As he dropped his Metrocard into the reader, he stopped and stood at the driver's station and loudly rambled on with the following, quoted almost verbatim:

"Yeah, if anyone fucks with me, I'm gonna killem. That's what I told the guys on my street...Ya mess with me or my mom, I'll fuckin' kill ya. I'm like Rambo... Mess with my mother, who's all that I got, I'll cut off your head. I mean it, I'LL CUT OFF YOUR HEAD. And If I don't have a weapon on me, I'll come back with all the weapons I can buy. And I know where ta buyem, too. I have the money. And if you have money, you can buy anything you want..."

When it became clear that the driver was not going to engage, the guy sat down across from me and remained silent. That is, until about five minutes later, when he began telling all and sundry that he now gets half off on MTA fares. When no one responded or payed attention to him, he once more fell silent.

Was he a loony who was off his meds? Was he just one of the innumerable local blowhards? Who can say?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It could have been Sly Stallone, mind.