Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 06, 2022

IT'S A GAS(TROENTEROLOGY)

Today's followup with the gastroenterologist was interesting. Having looked over the results of the endoscopy and also giving my medical history of the the past two years a thorough going-over, Dr. Weisberg noted that late stage kidney failure and dialysis are known to wreak havoc on a patient's gut, and that is likely what has happened to me. We noted that since taking the meds prescribed after the endoscopy, my hiccuping has lessened a good deal, though the patterns of the vomiting are more or less unchanged, so that part continues to baffle.

The next step is to get me scheduled for an examination that will have me drink a fluid that is detectable during a live X-ray. thus allowing the doctors to watch and take note of how my body's mechanisms for swallowing, digesting, and purging function. After that, if more is required before things are solved, I will have to endured having a wire pushed up my nose and down into my stomach, with said wire attached to a sensor that will record all of my esophagus and stomach's goings-on over a period of 48 hours. That sounds highly unpleasant, so here's hoping that the first test yields workable results...

No comments: