Search This Blog

Monday, July 27, 2009

"ONE...STEP...BEYOND!!!"

This one came from my pal (and fellow 2000 A.D. junkie) Namegon:

If you're not familiar with classic Judge Dredd or the late-1970's/early-1980's UK ska revival this gag will probably make no sense. It's a fusion of the first Madness album cover and characters from the seminal Judge Dredd epic "The Cursed Earth" and there's too much to explain regarding the characters used from it, so forgive me if I don't bore you with the whys and wherefores (although I must say that I love Tweak's facial expression). Just enjoy it for its "madness." Oh, and here's the album cover it's goofing on:

In fact, if you've never heard the album, it's one of the most fun entries from the ska revival movement and is certainly light years better than their later crap like "Our House."

1 comment:

Conor said...

Hello. This is my picture. Your friend has probably sourced it from the 2000AD message board.

You can see more of my work at http://pencilmonkeymagic.blogspot.co.uk/

Thanks,


Conor