Search This Blog

Monday, December 07, 2009

THE 68TH (AND 19TH) ANNIVERSARY

Today is the 68th anniversary of the attack on Pearl harbor, a day that will live in infamy. It's also a day I will personally never forget because it's also the date when I moved away from Connecticunt for good, ditching it for New York City nineteen years ago. True, I lived in Brooklyn on a couch and in a sub-let for ten months previous to the move, but it was on Pearl Harbor Day 1990 when I moved the majority of my books, records and other stuff into an apartment on West 96th Street in Manhattan. Doesn't seem so long ago...

2 comments:

John Bligh said...

Heh heh... "Connecticunt"... Heh heh...

likethegum said...

It was only about a year later that I met you, and you couldn't have convinced me at the time that you had spent less than half your lifetime mired in the weirdest, most obscure parts of NYC.