Search This Blog

Monday, September 14, 2009

R.I.P. PATRICK SWAYZE (1952-2009)

Patrick Swayze, the DIRTY DANCING hearthrob, is dead at the age of 57, following a battle with pancreatic cancer. That completely fucking sucks for a number of reasons, but it especially pains me because Swayze breathed life into one of my favorite movie characters of all time, namely Dalton, the badassed philosopher/bouncer in the epochal trash classic ROAD HOUSE. No bullshit, I dug the Swayze, even in his girlier movies (there are those who consider ROAD HOUSE a chick flick but I say they're nuts, even if the Swayze's bare ass is plainly evident), so I am genuinely saddened. I'll have a fitting eulogy up as soon as possible, but until then, rest well, Patrick. The Swayze is dead! Long live the Swayze!!!

1 comment:

Satyrblade said...

Our next-door neighbors own a cool movie theatre. This week, they've been playing a Patrick Swayze double-feature of Roadhouse and Dirty Dancing, with the marquee reading "CRAZY ABOUT SWAYZE." When his death was announced, they added the word "SAD" just after "CRAZY." Patrick's passing does indeed suck, and it adds yet another unwanted leaf to this year's overstuffed edition of The Book of the Celebrity Dead. (Man, when are we gonna see the gatefold edition of that book starring Paris Hilton, Dick Chaney, Anne Coultier and Michael Vicks?)

PS: A few weeks back, that same theatre showed the entire Sonny Chiba Street Fighter series. Sadly, I was out of town most of that week. Damn!