Search This Blog

Saturday, October 06, 2018

NY COMIC CON 2018-Day 2

My umpteenth convention photo with dear old friends Jimmy Palmiotti and Amanda Conner.

And lo, Day 2 came to pass, and it was good.

 Marko from SAGA. Note the hand-knitted horns and ears.

Kraven the Hunter.

Do I really need to explain this?

 Lock, Shock, and Barrel.

Alanna (with baby Hazel) and Marko.


 Edna Mode.

 Captain Marvel. (I refuse to call him "Shazam.")

GATCHAMAN's Ken the Eagle. (Better known to Americans as "Mark.")

 Filmation Aquaman fans, represent!

 A very unusual couples' costume combo: The Golden Age Flash and Polaris.

 John Constantine, Tommy (Hitman) Monaghan, and Tommy's co-creator, John McCrea.

As commissioned by one of his fans: Russ Braun being told to draw "weird shit" by Garth Ennis during their collaboration on THE BOYS.


El Chapulin Colorado.


 From Netflix's BIG MOUTH, Maurice the hormone monster.

 (Note: This was a promotional costume made by Netflix.)

 John Hammond.

The Phoenix and Storm.

 Shredder and Krang.

The Agape gyro stand in the food court. It's my go-to food source, due to its reasonable prices, hearty and delicious gyros, and the fact that I'm a regular every year to the point where the proprietor recognizes me and makes my exact order upon sighting me. Word to the wise: Get there early, because word spreads fast about this stand's quality and the lines can be brutal. Worth the wait, but brutal nonetheless.

Agent Starling and Dr. Lector wait for gyros.

While walking the main florr, I spotted this, my favorite costume of the show thus far:

"Sun Lovin'" Ken and Barbie. SUPERB.

Williams from ENTER THE DRAGON takes the dance floor...

 ...and the cosplay dance-off begins!




Williams.

Retired Wonder Woman. Extra points for the exaggerated saggy boobs.

 Melody of Josie and the Pussycats.

 From THE JETSONS, Rosie the maid.

 John Constantine and Zatanna.

 My enormous meatloaf head and my nephew, Reuben.

 A superb Weeping Angel.


The Riddler and the Julie Newmar Catwoman.

Catwoman poses with Russ Braun's portrait of her inspiration.

Peter Quill, Gamora, and Mantis.

 Carol Danvers/Captain Marvel.

Doctor Strange and Dormammu puppet.

TO BE CONTINUED WITH DAY 3.

No comments: