Search This Blog

Monday, October 20, 2008

BREAKING NEWS: RUDY RAY MOORE, aka DOLEMITE, DEAD AT 71

"Dolemite is my name, and fuckin'-up muthafukkas is my game!"

I've just been informed that Rudy Ray Moore, foul-mouthed self-proclaimed "father of rap" and portrayer of the "blackest" character ever, Dolemite the rhyming super-pimp, died yesterday from diabetes-related complications. That's all the info I have on this at the moment but I promise to give this genius of bad filmmaking the writeup he so richly deserves as more facts come to light, so stay tuned!

1 comment:

Laser Rocket Arm said...

Oh, man, that sucks. I saw "Dolemite" a few years ago as the only rhythmically challenged individual in the room because, as the owner of the video said "I never met a white person who thought this was funny and I need to prove that." It went unproven--I was on the floor howling with laughter for nearly the entire movie. The follow-ups sucked, but the original ... damn, I need to go buy the DVD. RIP, Rudy Ray.